J. Gregory Ashwell is a founding attorney at the law firm of Ashwell & Ashwell, PLLC in Warrenton, Virginia.
Mr. Ashwell began his legal career as a private attorney in Warrenton in 1982, continuing in that role until he went fulltime with the Fauquier County Commonwealth’s Attorney Office in 1989. He was the deputy commonwealth’s attorney when he received his judgeship. He took the bench in the 20th Judicial District on May 1, 2007, serving both Rappahannock and Fauquier counties. He retired January 1, 2021 to join his son, William D. Ashwell, in private practice.
“Our family comes from here. This is home and we genuinely care about representing the other folks who call this area home.” —J. Gregory Ashwell
For more than a decade, Mr. Ashwell’s fairness, experience and performance as a judge was documented in Virginia State Court Judicial Performance Evaluations.
- 1982-1989: 7 years in private practice
- 1985-2007: 22 years in the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office
- 2007-2020: 14 years District Court Judge
- George Mason University School of Law (Juris Doctor)
- University of Virginia (Master’s in Education)
- Old Dominion University (Bachelor of Arts in Economics)
- US District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- US Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- US Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Litigation Consultation
- Federal Litigation
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Business & Commercial Law
- Wills and Estates
- Municipal Law
- Personal Injury
What’s the likely outcome of your case?