- Real estate settlements
- Condominium matters
- Property owners association matters
- Judicial and nonjudicial foreclosures
- Short sales
- Sales of properties linked to estate plans
- Partition actions
- Landlord-tenant matters
- Adverse possession actions
- Boundary and easement disputes
- Escrow and earnest money disputes
- Realtor commission disputes
- Condemnation and eminent domain actions
- Trespass and nuisance claims
- Restrictive covenants
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Residential and commercial leases
- Title examinations, title defects, quiet title actions and title insurance policy review and analysis
Ashwell & Ashwell attorneys have the experience and the expertise to help you navigate every aspect of virtually any Virginia commercial or residential real estate transaction: purchase, sale and leasing to financing, development and construction. We have represented buyers, sellers, lenders, landlords and tenants, so we have 360-degree insights into how your situation will be viewed the other players involved.
Streamlining the Real Estate Transaction Process
- Initial consultation: We’ll identify the merits and challenges of your situation and map the path forward, including realistic assessments of the likely timeline and costs.
- Representation: Ashwell & Ashwell represents your interests, reviewing documents, negotiating terms and winning concessions. If litigation is involved, we prepare the case—and you—so we both walk into court, confident that we are ready.
- In court: Count on our absolute professionalism and proven performance. And, because we know the negative way judges, arbitrators and juries view aggressive attorneys, you can also count on us to use the power of civility to win your case greater credibility and, likely, a better outcome.