- Assessment of viability of an appeal
- Briefs and appellate documents
- Advocacy before appellate judges
When you lose your case, an appeal offers another chance at a better outcome. Ashwell & Ashwell brings you deep experience representing clients successfully in appellate courts at the local, Virginia and federal level. We also help trial attorneys frame issues and preserve the trial record for appeal.
Streamlining the Appeals Process
- Initial consultation: We’ll identify the merits and challenges of the appeal and map the path forward, including realistic assessments of the likely timeline and costs.
- Case preparation: Ashwell & Ashwell conducts research and discovery to gather the most compelling evidence and to build the strongest legal approach for the specific judge you’re likely to face.
- Client preparation: Our attorneys use their expertise with similar appeals to minimize surprises. Thanks to this thorough preparation, we walk into court alongside you, quietly confident we are both ready.
- Before the court: Count on our absolute professionalism and proven performance. And, because we know the negative way judges, arbitrators and juries view aggressive attorneys, you can also count on us to use the power of civility to win your case greater credibility and, likely, a better outcome.